Here's the process for fixing the scan to PC option when the printer is repaired or replaced;
- Open Brother Utilities Software from the workstations in question (this has to be repeated for each computer)
- Click tools and then uninstall (if there's more than one profile within the Brother Utilities application this needs to be completed until the Brother Utilities is removed from the machine)
- Re-download the whole driver and software package again (https://support.brother.com/g/b/)
- Install Brother Utilities including control centre and print driver and connect to printer, make sure correct printer is selected during install if multiple are displayed
- Allow install to complete then check these settings: https://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=dcpj140w_all&src=faq&faqid=faq00002785_000
- Make sure Control Centre connects to Scanner/Printer, if so try 'Scanning to PC' from the printer it's self.
It's options 1 and 2 that are important, if you just remove the software from the PC via control panel it won't fix any underlying issues or remove old printers when the application is reinstalled.