HP desktops experiencing the following issues:
- Cannot click start/open start menu;
- Windows Mail won't open/stuck on splash screen;
- Windows Store won't open/stuck on splash screen;
- [may be other symptoms].
Uninstall HP Wolf Security:
- Click Explorer on the start bar (or fire up task manager, run: explorer);
- Click This PC;
- Open Settings from the top toolbar;
- Remove program;
- Uninstall HP Wolf Security;
- Reboot and everything will work again.
I then installed any outstanding Windows Updates and all outstanding HP updates from the HP Support Tool. I suspect the outstanding HP updates may be part of the issue so if HP Wolf Security reinstalls with these done it may not cause the same issues but I will update this KB once we know.