When troubleshooting scanners, Please check the following things:
- Can anybody else not scan or is it just the one person? If it is just the one person and it's scan to file, make sure the password is set correctly that is used to authenticate SMB in the scanner
- If the problem is scan to email it's probably affecting everybody. Is the SMTP Password set correctly in the scanner?
- If the password for SMB is set correctly it could be an issue with DNS. Does scanning work when scanning to the IP address instead of hostname? If it does work, is DNS set correctly within the scanner itself?
- Make sure the username is set correctly in the scanner, check the format of other users that are setup. Sometimes you need to put hostname\username instead of just hostname.
- If you can't find any SMTP account for scan to email, create a gmail account and use the following details:
- Go to Programs and features> Turn Windows features on or off and check the following Scroll down to SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support
Tick the SMB 1.0/CIFS Client
Untick SMB 1.0/CIFS Automatic Removal and
Untick SMB 1.0/CIFS Server
Gmail SMTP server address: smtp.gmail.com
Gmail SMTP username: Your Gmail address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
Gmail SMTP password: Your Gmail password
Gmail SMTP port (TLS): 587
Gmail SMTP port (SSL): 465
Gmail SMTP TLS/SSL required: yes
MAKE SURE THAT YOU TURN ON LESS SECURE APPS: