Creating an SSL request in Server 2008 IIS7.0
- Click on the Start menu, go to Administrative Tools, and click on Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Click on the name of the server in the Connections column on the left. Double-click on Server Certificates.
- In the Actions column on the right, click on Create Certificate Request...
- Enter all of the following information about your company and the domain you are securing and then click Next.
- Leave the default Cryptographic Service Provider. Increase the Bit length to 2048 bit or higher. Click Next.
- Click the button with the three dots and enter a location and filename where you want to save the CSR file. Click Finish.
- Go to the file path where you have just created the certificate request. Open the request and copy all the text and paste into the SSL order form where it asks for the request.
- You have finished