If a user has an issue printing via RDP even after installing the print driver on the remote server you may need to turn off or at least make Easy print the second priority behind any available drivers. To do this you need to:
- Open up Local Group Policy (GPEdit.msc)
- Navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Terminal Services\Terminal Server
- If you cannot find the above try Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Remote Desktop Services
- Then go into the remote desktop session host folder
- Then into Printer redirection
- Find ‘Use remote desktop Easy Print drive first’ and change it to Disable.