If you have gone through restarting services and webmail is still not working for the users (normally complained about due to phones not working) then reset the defaut directories of IIS be following the below guide/link
- Install the IIS 6.0 Resource Kit Tools. To obtain the IIS 6.0 Resource Kit Tools, go to the following Microsoft website:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=56FC92EE-A71A-4C73-B628-ADE629C89499&displaylang=enNote If you do not want to install all the IIS tools on your computer, you can install only the Metabase Explorer 1.6 component. To do this, follow these steps:
- Double-click iis60rkt.exe, and then follow the instructions on your screen until you reach the Setup Type page of the IIS 6.0 Resource Kit Tools Setup Wizard.
- On the Setup Type page, click Custom, and then click Next.
- Clear all the IIS Resource Kit Tools and components check boxes except the Metabase Explorer 1.6 check box.
- Click Next, and then click Finish.
- Back up your IIS metabase. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start IIS Manager.
- Right-click Default Web Site, point to All Tasks, and then click Save Configuration to a File.
- In the Save Configuration to a File dialog box, type a configuration name in the File name input box, and then click OK.
- Delete the virtual directories for Outlook Web Access. To do this, expand the Default Web Site in the navigation pane of IIS Manager, right-click Exadmin, and then click Delete. Click Yes when you are prompted with the question of whether you want to delete this item.
Repeat this step for the following virtual directories:
- Close IIS Manager.
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to IIS Resources, point to Metabase Explorer, and then click Metabase Explorer.
- Expand LM, right-click DS2MB, and then click Delete. Click Yes when you are prompted with the question of whether you want to delete this key and all subkeys.
- Close IIS Metabase Explorer.
- Run IISRESET
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Services.
- To restart the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
- Right-click Microsoft Exchange System Attendant, and then click Restart.
- When you are prompted to restart the dependent Exchange Server services, click Yes.
NoteWhen you restart the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service, the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is also restarted. In this scenario, your Exchange Server users lose connectivity to their Exchange Server mailboxes.
Important If the virtual directories are not re-created after 15 minutes, restart your computer.
- Reset the access permissions to Anonymous. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start IIS Manager, right-click ExchWeb, click Properties, and then click the Directory Security tab.
- Under Authentication and access control, click Edit, and then verify that the Enable anonymous access check box is selected.
- elect the Integrated Windows authentication check box, click OK, and then click Apply.
- If the Inheritance Overrides dialog box appears, click Select All, and then click OK.
- Under Authentication and access control, click Edit, and then clear the Integrated Windows authenticationcheck box.
- Click OK two times, and then close IIS Manager.
Use a web browser to verify that you can connect to your Outlook Web Access server. If you are also running other mobility services, verify that you can connect to those services by using an appropriate client.